- March is here and our friends have been embracing the warm, windy, cold and rainy weather with open arms. Whether acting out scenes from Star Wars, playing soccer and four square, or swinging on the tire swing our friends have been seeming to enjoy recess more than usual and it has been great to see so many of our green team kids making friends with others they might not have known so well at the start of the year!
- February was a blast- our group had tons of fun learning about the Chinese New Year, creating authentic looking treasure maps and sharing valentines they received during the school-day. We hope everyone had a wonderful break; it was great hearing about all of the different trips our friends went on, whether they were quick trips up to NH or if they were out of country excursions.
- Our friends have been working very hard at earning paperclips for our paperclip chain. The group’s goal is to earn paperclips which we have been connecting into a chain in our room. Once the chain reaches the floor we can have our “paperclip party.” The group earns paperclips by working together to get in line on time, being a good audience when someone is speaking to them and for any other occasion that they choose to excel as a team. Right now our chain is at the halfway point.
- We have been encouraging our friends to let us know if they have any “today in history” factoids that we could possibly use. Some kids have shared some very interesting facts which we were then able to share with the whole group (on the day they occurred). If you can think of any upcoming events you or your child find interesting, feel free to let them know so we can share them during one of our upcoming meetings!
Today in History Highlights
- Some of the February history highlights included Dr. Seuss’s birthday, World Wildlife Day, and learning about the “Curse of the Bambino.”